Saturday, April 22, 2006

Skirt for Jacket and Blouse

I decided to make a four gore skirt, straight lines, no flare at width. I drafted the skirt pattern using PMB (Pattern Master Boutique). I have fairly good luck with skirts made from this program.

I plan to embroider the jacket design down the left front seam line area. This was a suggestion from my husband, which for him to suggest, somewhat surprises me. He doesn't normally like embroidery much. He is not one for "flash". I don't think this is flashy but he usually does.

Once this skirt is complete. I am already planning another coordinating outfit in soft brown tones. This is fabric I have had for over a year now. The dress will be from fabric from Hancock's that I purchased early spring last year.



The other fabrics came from Sawyer Brook and it too was from last spring/summer.


Going to sewing room now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...