Saturday, March 25, 2006

Fabric Inventory

Reading others sewing blogs, as well as, following various threads on sewing forums, I have decided to try to inventory my fabric collection. I decided I could create a database using a database program that came with my computer when purchased several years ago.

I have noticed that many sewists record not only the fabric they have currently purchased but are noting what they have used as well. This will prove to be eye opening I am sure. The fabric used in my skirt noted below was one of the first pieces I put into inventory. I set up a column to note how much of a particular fabric I had, another to note amount used and then will note amount left, if any.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...