Sewing Blurb for Sunday 1/29/06

I completed the Twist Top in the buttermilk knit.

I then pinned fitted the Vogue jacket referenced in post below. I had to make my usual adjustments; forward shoulder, high round back, narrow back, shortened the sleeves by 1 1/2 inches. They were really long! Also had to do an FBA, adding 1 1/4 inch. I am always amazed at having to do this when pattern states on it that finished bust is 44. In pin fitting pattern, center front did not meet mine at all. This measurement should have been sufficient but wasn't when fitting. I believe Liana as well as another reviewer on PR indicated this jacket was a little on the small size.

I then adjusted KS 3339

I have some knit fabric purchased from a local fabric store in Radford called SewBiz. I made another KS top from it about 1 year ago. I have enough to make the v-neck, sleeveless top (View B) above. I think I will use a black ribbing as I have a lot of that in my stash and this knit has a black background with green, teal and yellow flowers in the foreground.

I had to raise the underarms as I felt these will be too low. I am not sure if I should make a FBA. Sometimes this makes KS tops too big. I traced between large and xlarge as measurements for large is about 1/2 inch to small and xlarge is about 2 inches too much.

I then cut out the Swing Jacket pattern, view 2 which will have an attached collar. I pin fitted that pattern also and needed to make the usual back adjustments. The pattern is a cut-on kimono style so some adjustments required a little extra to complete. I am still working on the adjustments. I am using a wool/nylon fabric I also purchased from Nancy's Notions that was promoted at the time with the jacket booklet which included the pattern and the DVD.

Comments

Labels

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

Pamela's Patterns Bias Skirt!

Simplicity 1366

New Iron

Sewcialists

Sewcialists