Saturday, August 21, 2021

Actually sewing!

 Today, I decided to work on Simplicity 8416. I had started on this a few weeks ago.  We then took some travel time to see family and friends. Since returning I have been working on the clutter in the sewing room and purging patterns to sell on eBay. Those that don't sell after a few listings go to charity.

I have made some headway on cleaning. I wanted to sew and thus I began again to work on this shirt. This too will help with getting clutter on top of the cutting table put away or used.

I needed to take a break after sewing for a while. I took time to snap a few shots and thought I would post work in progress. The challis fabric is from Sly Fox Fabrics and the pattern I purchased on eBay.

I am making View A


Front and back attached to the yoke

Yoke inside. I used the burrito method makes for a very clean finished yoke.

The front piece has an added dart and the front closure area has been basted. I cut the interfacing for the collar and collar stand and will fuse those next.

More later!






1 comment:

  1. I really like the stripes you used for the top! It is coming along beautifully!

    ReplyDelete

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...