Wednesday, April 01, 2020

B6687 Wearing

Yesterday, late afternoon, DH and I had to pick up a few food items as well as prescriptions. After returning, I decided to take shots of me wearing the newly completed top.

In an earlier post, I mentioned having some fitting issues. After completing and taking these photos, I feel there are other adjustments I could make should I ever attempt to make this again. I am not thrilled about this top.


This is, of course, the front. I like the look of this and the look of the sleeves in this photo.

This is a semi-side view. The top is pulling at the hip area so this is part of the diagonal lines I see. I had a lot of issues Inserting the sleeves was an issue also. Perhaps there is still a need for bust adjustment.



This is a look of the sleeves from the front. I like the sleeves and was part of the reason for trying this top. 

Now for the back! I posted previously with the top on a hanger that the odd wings with the sleeves were caused by the hanger, NOT.  They are that way while wearing also. Not what I was expecting, nor do I like! I made a swayback adjustment also but still have bunching!

I am not happy with the outcome at all.  I am also tired of the project.  At least I finally sewed this fabric and this gives me a total of close to 5 yards out of the stash.  

Next up, at this time and subject to change, is McCall's 7975. I just have not found the right fabric in my stash and still looking.

We are staying in place as much as possible and still well!

11 comments:

  1. Sewing is so much work! At least you finished it and got photos even if you aren't thrilled with the outcome. I made a top today that won't even make it to a photo. LOL I'm just happy I made it from scrap fabric. It's hard having enough fabric to try out new patterns with though. We are having a lot of family time together through this and only go out for groceries. If it involves more than a curbside pickup, my husband is the one to do that since I'm a little immune compromised.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sewing can be a lot of work. I almost did not take photos of this. I don't regret using the fabric I did as it was "just okay". We have been wearing mask, though verdict is still out on this. I even wear Nitrile gloves when going to store for food, etc.

      Delete
  2. I don't think there's anything wrong with the back that an fba wouldn't fix. Hard to do a retrospective one though. Maybe let it sit a while and next time you wear it concentrate on how much you like the sleeves?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks M-C. I really need to remeasure myself again. There have been some shifts!

      Delete
  3. I totally understand the disappointment of a garment not being what you intended! I agree the front looks great! I hope you like M7975 much better. Can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That’s frustrating to do all of the fitting adjustments and still not be satisfied with the end result. I do like the sleeves from the front as well. I think that you will like McCall’s 7975- I love the one that I made, and have seen some really great versions of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw your version of M7975 and several others. Now armed with great info to move forward with this. Starting on it today!

      Delete
  5. I think you should give this one another shot! I had that fabric, used it for something and got rid of the rest. I also gave away the same fabric in a red colorway. I LOVE the sleeves!

    Hopefully you find something suitable for M7975! I think you'll like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may give it a try again; I have so many other patterns to sew. I did find some fabric from stash that I am going to use for M7975. Starting on this project today!

      Delete
  6. Oh, I love these sleeves Linda, and you top is gorgeous! Perfect for any occasions :-)

    ReplyDelete

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...