Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Back home!

For all of you who celebrated Thanksgiving, I hope you enjoyed that time.  DH and I traveled to our hometown of Danville, VA to visit DH's sister and her immediate family members.  We also got to visit with some longtime friends as well.  It was a very great visit and it is always nice that as longtime friends, you can pick up the conversation from where you last left off, even if it was a few months or a couple of years ago.

No sewing during this holiday.  I am now ready to get back to sewing some clothes for fall/winter.  I just need to decide which ones.

I did take advantage of Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals.  I purchased this new book on Amazon from Named patterns. ( I am an Amazon Affiliate and there is a link in the left column to order yours.  If you do, I may receive a commission. Being transparent here.)
The book includes several patterns uniquely packaged at the back of the book.
I have not had time to really look through the book.  It was delivered yesterday and hope to look at it more this evening.

Off to pull patterns and fabrics.  More later!

4 comments:

  1. I also ordered this book taking advantage of black friday deals on Amazon. I haven't tried the patterns yet, but most of the styles appeal to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have downloaded two of their patterns, yet never tried them yet.

      Delete
  2. Ok, I think you have just enabled me...lol!! I am intrigued by this book, and have been seeing Named patterns recently. I will check it out. It sounds like you had a wonderful time for Thanksgiving with family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think enabling is what most bloggers do. I read a blog and they had just gotten the book and saying good things about it. Another blogger was waiting for hers to arrive. So I decided this would be my Christmas present to myself.

      Delete

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...