New Look Skirt pattern

Several months ago I cut out NL6003 and put it aside when I decided to make the Vogue peplum blouse and McCall's skirt.  I then went on to make the color blocked Vogue dress and the Vogue striped dress which is now complete.

I have been viewing several fall fashion magazines and getting some great ideas for fall sewing.  All well and good; I now have so many ideas I am having a hard time focusing on what I want to sew up next.  This morning I decided to sew up the skirt pattern as it is cut out and ready to sew.    Because it is grey I think it is a good transition into fall sewing.

The McCall's dress pattern is ready to become a dress and have picked a fabric that has been in my fabric stash for quite some time.  To be perfectly honest, if this dress turns out to be a wadder, as it has gotten mixed reviews on Pattern Review and blog land, I will not be overly upset.

You may ask why besides the mixed reviews would I even venture to think it will be a wadder.  My concern is that when I pin fitted the dress, even with ABCD cup variations, I had to make a FBA and was much more along my usual FB adjustments and I used the D front pattern piece.  Normally I have to make a 1/2 inch FBA for the D cup bodice pattern, this was more than that.  I adjusted the bust and waist darts.  I pin fitted the pattern after the adjustments and seemed like a good fit.  So we will see.

DH and I have a cookout to go to this afternoon so not sure how much sewing will get done.  More later.

Comments

Labels

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

New Look 6469

Downsizing Pattern Stash

Pamela's Pattern Pretty Peplum

Sewcialists

Sewcialists