Another top completed
I completed the Loes Hinse v-neck tunic pattern yesterday evening. I cut out a small in the neckline/upper chest area and raised the neckline about 5/8 inch as the photo of the model indicated to me that this top would be low cut. I made a small FBA which in the end I did not need. I cut a large through the bust to bottom.
The knit I used was from EOS acquired in 2007. It was labeled Chico knit as it was a knit fabric used for items sold by Chicos. This knit was rather stretchy, similar to slinky but more bulk than slinky. Has a raised surface.
Due to stretch of the knit, I ended up taking 3/4 inch seams along the raglan sleeve attachments to front and back; 5/8 inch seams through the shoulder and upper sleeve seam. I used 3/8 seam allowance through the side seams. I then took an additional 1/2 inch seam through the underarm area tapering back to 3/8 at waistline area. I also reduced the sleeve and bodice lengths by two inches prior to cutting out the pattern. Being short this top would have been a mini dress on me if I had not reduced the length.
I almost made the shorter version, but was going for the tunic look. I also thought the shorter version was just too boxy looking and was not what I would want with a slightly bulky looking knit.
Here are shots of the finished top. Excuse the messy hair look, DH and I were outside most of the morning dealing with car issues.I think I will also add a chain belt when wearing this top to dress it up a little. The colors in the fabric are somewhat muted and adding a metal belt will add something more to the look when wearing with a brown or black pant for work.