V8319

I made progress now that I decided on the dress to make. I made Vogue 8319 previously. Now that I have the fit issues taken care of this should go together fairly quickly. The fabric I am using for this dress is a little softer and less body than the fabric I used for the previous version.

The lining I am using is not quite the same color as the dress, more blue than green. It does go well with the jacket. I think it will work out okay. This is one of three lining fabrics I purchased from Trendy Fabrics several months ago. Their price was fantastic and the lining is a good quality.

I had some issues marking the dart lines on the front and back piece. The dart shape is unusual and the fabric kept moving on me. I took my time and got them marked on the fabric as well as the lining fabric.

I decided to serge finish the edges of the dress and lining fabric as both tend to ravel very easily.
Darts are sewn in the front dress fabric and lining. If I had not spent so much time on the PMB dress draft, this could be finished. Other house chores needed my attention so stopped sewing for the moment.

Comments

Labels

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

Pamela's Patterns Bias Skirt!

New Iron

Simplicity 1366

Sewcialists

Sewcialists