Kwik Sew 3497
As planned, I sewed two knit tops this weekend. One was Kwik Sew 3497 View C and the other was Jalie 2794.
The Kwik Sew went together quickly with only a few fitting adjustments along the way. I think they were due more to the knit fabric I used instead of the pattern fit. I plan to make another tank top or two from this pattern so we will see.
I purchased some fabric in August/September of last year from Mary Jo's in Gastonia, NC. I made this Simplicity top. The first fabric in this post is what I used to make the Simplicity top. I had about 3/4 yard left over so I decided to use that fabric to make the tank top. However, I decided I liked the other side of the fabric better so this became this tank.
Adjustments I made to the pattern were swayback, forward shoulder and I added 1/2 inch to the bust using the slash and spread method. I cut a medium through the shoulder and upper chest. I also took a 1/4 inch tuck in upper chest area for the front and did the same for the back. The additional 1/2 inch for bust adjustment proved not to be necessary. I ended up taking 5/8 seam allowance from under the arm to waist, then tapering to 1/4 seam allowance as pattern called for. I also ended up taking 3/4 seam in the shoulders. I think the weight of this slinky knit pulled the fabric down. I will watch for this on the next top as this will be from a more stable knit.
Here is another shot of me wearing the tank top.