New Year's eve sewing
Yesterday morning I was very productive, sewing wise. Friday, I cut out two patterns using the Trelana knit fabric I purchased from The Sewing Studio. This is a lovely light to medium weight knit, that is somewhat like a soft sweater knit.
Originally I had planned to make the KS pattern out of the blue knit. I am glad I checked the amount of fabric on hand versus the amount needed. I truly thought I had enough of the blue to make the top but found I only had 1.5 yards, pattern called for 2.25. Even more fortunate was that I had 2 yards of the red knit and was able to make the top from that, so the .25 was more than I needed.
I finished the top yesterday around 2:00 pm, just in time to stop and begin the preparations for going to Danville for NYEve party. I need to take a photo of the completed top. I used my new clothing label for this top as well.
Below are photos taken of the cutting process. I decided to make the Sandra Betzina Knit top pattern out of the blue. I made this top before with good success. There were some adjustments I wanted to make after making the first one. These included lowering the bust dart by 1/2 inch and lengthening the top at the waist line by one inch. I also scooped out the front armscye area by 1/4 of an inch. This is something that Belinda-Australia has mentioned she does in several of her reviews on Pattern Review and I am finding that this makes for a better fit for me as well.