Thursday, September 28, 2006

Patterns

Guess what? Hancock's-$.99 Simplicity patterns! I am not sewing but by golly I have got $5. So during lunch went to Hancock's and purchased three Simplicity Patterns.

One of the above is for Fleece fabrics and saw some okay fleece at Hancock's while there. I have never sewn fleece before, but the styles of the jacket gave new life to fleece. You can also use boiled wool. I am also thinking about using my Babylock Embellisher for some added details.

I also purchased this pattern after reading about it on Timmel Fabrics or at Artisans Square. I love the look of the knit top and have some new knit fabrics in my collection. The pattern is from Saf-T-Pocket Patterns and is called Perfect Pair-2008. I ordered on line yesterday and should receive it sometime next week.

My plans for the weekend have changed as I thought I was going to get to stay around home both Saturday and Sunday. Back to having a few hours Saturday morning and most of Sunday to get back into the sewing room and finish my start of a making a new jacket. I am feeling some urge again. The weather today changed from early morning warmth, to cooler and wet evening. This says it is time to focus on that fall sewing.

More later.

1 comment:

  1. Linda - I love that pattern for the little capelette - it would be great for thowing on over a great dress to wear to a holiday party. I might have to stop and get that one on the way home (like I need another pattern, or project). Glad to see you're starting to feel like sewing again.

    ReplyDelete

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...