Sunday, May 07, 2006

Morning sewing

I started embroiderying a T-shirt yesterday with fairies exercising. Cute designs I purchased on line. I wanted to spruce up my exercise t-shirts when I go to CURVES. While machine was embroidering, I cut out my sheath dress pattern fabric.

This morning I cut out the lining for the sheath dress. I had wanted to lay lining over the dress fabric last night. The fabric and lining was so fiddlely that I just decided to cut them separate. Though doing together saves time, the lining would like adher to the fabric below easily.

I also cut out a Textile Studio pattern from a knit fabric I purchased at Hancocks in Danville, VA a month or two ago when we were visiting MIL. I only made a forward shoulder adjustment. I forgot to do the swayback adjustment. However since back is a seamed back I can use Sandra Betzina swayback adjustment which has you cut an indention about 1/2 inch above the back waist and cut in about 1/2 inch then taper back out about 1/2 inch below back waist. This works only on backs with a back seam allowance.

Here is a photo of the knit fabric I cut for the top. It is warm pink background with rose pink and green sort of a sage green. It is similar to buttermilk knits I buy from EOS. I purchased about three yards. I think I actually took the remaining yardage on the bolt. I thought if this pattern does not work as well as I hope, I have not lost too much. The fabric was on sale.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I followed you from Cindi's blog. It's fun to meet another Roanoke blogger. You look very familiar to me, but my husband says I say that about everyone. :) (you really do, though).

    ReplyDelete

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...