Eureka!

This morning right before I got out of bed, it hit me! Eureka! Add a back facing to the cut-on facing that you fold back at the collar and stitch down from shoulder to neck edge. Why, why, did it take me a whole week to figure this out?

Once I fixed me a pot of coffee and had my first cup of jo', I went to sewing room measured the shoulder to shoulder back neck area, cut a piece of fabric and made a back neck facing which I stitched to the folded back, cut-on facing. I then had to retrofit the lining jacket piece to accommodate the stitching of it to the front and now back facing. Perfect!!!!! I took pictures and will post them later.

I then bagged the sleeve linings to jacket sleeve. I had already stitched the hem of the lining jacket as I wanted it to hang separate from the jacket. The jacket is now ready to be hemmed and I found some buttons in my stash that I might use. They are smaller than the ones called for. I have four of these, pattern calls for three of one size larger than the ones I have. Thus four may work. I will try to check out buttons tomorrow during lunch.

The end is almost in sight. Next is the Swing Jacket from Anne Claire that I purchased through Nancy's Notions.

Comments

Labels

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

Pamela's Patterns Bias Skirt!

New Iron

Ruffle Neck Tunic

Sewcialists

Sewcialists