Thursday, September 21, 2017

On to the next project!

I finally completed the Pretty Peplum Top!

OMG!  I cannot believe how long it took to complete this project.  I eliminated so much width with this pattern.  This was definitely a lot of frog sewing with this one.  But I was bound and determined to get this to fit as I really like this fabric and it was worth it to keep trying.

The pattern is now adjusted with all the fitting changes.

I have not worn this yet.  It is a heavier weight knit that will be great for cool/cold weather.
Here is the completed top-front view and close up

So I am now on to my next project using fabric from stash-a navy blue scuba knit.  This is a recent pattern purchase from Simplicity, S8425 with choker neck band.  I plan on making the dress.

I have pin fitted and made adjustments to the pattern.  I need to pin fit again to make sure all adjustments are what I need.  Updates to follow.


8 comments:

  1. Love the fabric print. Can't wait to see what you are sewing next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fabric and it is so worth saving. Love your next pattern choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elizabeth. Started cutting out the fabric for the new pattern this AM

      Delete
  3. Just beautiful. I've seen the gypsy floral prints in woven fabric but not in knit - it's gorgeous! Where did you find it? thks....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Coco! I purchased this from LaFinch fabrics.

      Delete
  4. Great post!

    You have a nice blog!

    Would you like to follow each other? (f4f) Let me know on my blog with a comment! ;oD

    Have a great day!

    xoxo Jacqueline
    www.hokis1981.com

    ReplyDelete

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...