Friday, January 13, 2017

Click Delete

Just a quick post.  I have been under the weather with a terrible virus that includes coughing and coughing and coughing.  So much so that I also lost my voice. Not being able to talk for me is like having your mouth wired shut and can only drink liquids.  My mother said I was born talking!

I have almost completed my sweater duster. I needed to reduce the width of the shoulders so that the sleeve and shoulder would hang better on me.  I also need to take deeper side seams after basting at 5/8 and trying on for fit.

As mentioned previously I am on a pattern/fabric diet; though I did fall off the fabric diet 3 days into the new year.  But I am back on it again.

I found it was easy to resist recent pattern sales at JoAnn's and on Club BMV, though I did renew my Club subscription.  So far I have clicked delete before opening emails from Club BMV, indie pattern newsletters and just glanced right over the ads in the JoAnn's flyer/bulletin about pattern sales.

I have not broken out in a cold sweat from doing this either and have resisted going to the trash file and opening those emails!  I think I will make it to the summer.

I still want to post my end of year fabric purchases, plus my January purchase.  Post soon.


18 comments:

  1. Feel better!!

    I've been doing well not being too tempted by fabric and pattern sales :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep tempting myself by going to fabric sites just to see what's what.

      Delete
  2. Feel better soon! And congratulations on clicking delete!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor thing...you're having a rough winter! Hope you're soon on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Coco! When I lived in Florida, I hardly ever got sick. I am thinking of retiring back there. I think it is all the sunshine and warmth! :-)

      Delete
  4. Hope you feel better soon, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am getting better, but this is a very bad virus!

      Delete
  5. Hope you are on the improve. I find it is best if you don't look at the emails. No temptation then :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am getting a little better. It's the dang cough that stays for awhile.

      Delete
  6. Please get better soon! You are a better woman than me when it comes to pattern fasting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am getting better at just deleting that email about new patterns. I do keep tempting mysself at fabric sites though! ;-)

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thanks! I am feeling better but the cough just stays and stays.

      Delete
  8. Thanks Sharon. This is some really bad virus.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm in the coughing stage of this. Coughed all night even with the cough syrup and didn't get to sleep until 5 am!

    ReplyDelete

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...