Friday, August 19, 2016

Has anyone seen my sewing mojo?


I have truly misplaced my sewing mojo.  Partly it has been a heck of a week work wise and just have no energy to even go into the sewing room after work.  The only sewing related activities have been to read Pattern Review while I drink my first cup of coffee of the day.  I then go to my blog list to see what others are doing, thinking this will be inspiring.  It has been, just not enough to get my sewing mojo going.

I then jump over to look at fabric websites and see a lot of pretties, but not buying right now.

I was excited to see some of the McCall's patterns this morning after getting a notice that new fall patterns were out.  I did find a few I liked.


McCall's 7465

M7469

M7429-from Early Fall
M7445-Early Fall
There seems to be a lot of the same styles just using darker  colors with some of the patterns.

Maybe I will make it to the sewing room this weekend, I have a pattern ready and fabric to cut out!  More later.


9 comments:

  1. I think I found your mojo Linda! I finished a maxi dress this afternoon and I'm heading back into the studio right now! Sending a bit of mojo back your way for the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary, I think I got some of it as I have cut out fabric to make a denim dress!

      Delete
  2. Mine is missing too. I think it's because it's so hot here but in three weeks it will be late summer/early fall and I'm thinking about sewing fall...even though I can't wear fall yet. So I know how you feel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I gained a little of my sewing mojo back due to looking more fallish clothes and fabric. I have at least cut out fabric to make a denim dress.

      Delete
  3. Just get that pattern cut out,Linda, and I 'm sure the spark will ignite again. It usually works for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah, I did cut out the dress pattern and that helped.

      Delete
  4. Oh no! So sorry that has happened to you! I'm sure putting out this APB will help you track it down!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I did cut out a dress pattern so that's a start!

      Delete
  5. Argh, the missing mojo is widespread I think. Mine keeps slipping out the door as well...

    ReplyDelete

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...