I made some adjustments to the pattern. With this pattern there was two side front pieces with xxs-s sizes on one piece and the other piece was for m-xxl. Simplicity patterns seem to run large in the upper chest/shoulder/neck areas on me so I decide I would cut a small in those areas transitioning to medium from the bust down. For the front I overlaid the xxs-s over the medium size for the front pattern piece and taped them together, as you can see here.
I was able to sew the front piece before going out to dinner Saturday. This morning I sewed the back pieces together with the back lower band. I did make a 3/4 inch swayback adjustment and cut about 1/2 inch off the center part of the back band tapering to nothing near the side seam. I know from the finished measurements for the back from waist to hem that this was going to be longer than I wanted.
I sewed the front to back at shoulders and began fusing interfacing to the neckband before stopping as DH and I planned to go out this afternoon to spend time doing some outdoors activities, just to pretty to stay in all day. Here is the front and back on AlmaMarie
|Back with back band attached.|
Will share more as sewing progresses.