I mentioned in a previous post that I took advantage of McCall's and Simplicity pattern sale. I finally got around to taking some pictures of the patterns.
Here are some pictures of the patterns:
Today I have been working on completing the Simplicity top. I had to make some fitting adjustments after I had basted the side seams and the shoulders. The top is rather full and based on the finished bust and hip measurements I did not have to make any fitting adjustments in those areas.
I ended up taking deeper underarm seams and this is sometimes necessary with this type of type sleeve. I took a deeper seam right under the bust curve and ended up taking deeper back seam as well.
I used a small size in the neckline, shoulder and upper chest area. I ended up with a gap at the back neck closing. I had to make an adjustment in that area which resulted in the elimination of the back opening as I could easily pull the top over my head without a button and loop closure.
I only have to hem the bodice of the top and I will finally be finished with this pattern. I like the outcome, it has just taken be more time to sew this than I anticipated.
I hope your sewing weekend has been productive.