Sunday, May 01, 2016

S1318 Complete

For a simple pattern, it took forever to complete this.  It is now complete.  I have a few RTW tank tops that I will wear with it.

I did not follow the instructions as written in several places.  I had an issue with the back neck facing that I need to tweak next time.  I ended up making the small size as the pattern has a lot of ease. I made my usual adjustments-forward shoulder, swayback, high upper round back and no FBA this time again due to the ease factor.

Here are photos of the completed jacket on Alma Marie.

Front

Back



The fabric was peach-skin that I purchased from Fabric Mart.  It actually was easy to sew with some raveling.  I serge finished all seams.  Photos wearing will come later this week.

I have to travel for business purposes later today thus will not be much in the way of starting a new project.

My next project is 


I plan to make View A-red top, but use a contrast fabric in the back as shown in View B-the blue top. I am debating on using the short sleeves or keep the 3/4 quarter sleeve with tab.  My office stays pretty chilly when A/C is running so really don't mind the sleeves.  I like the other version just not sure I need all that drape at my waist and center front.

I will be using fabric from my stash, using up the remaining fabric from an earlier project

and will combine it with a floral print fabric that I purchased several years ago.  Unfortunately I cannot find where I took a picture of it to show.  Very tropical look.


6 comments:

  1. Love, love this kimono Linda. Gotta love the simple projects that take forever! ;-). You'll wear it well!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terri! I am looking forward to wearing it soon.

      Delete
  2. I really like your jacket. Nice pattern to wear in spring and summer when you need something light over your shoulders. Nice fabric too! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! Love the floral print. Can't wait to see you wearing it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute jacket. And I really like the floral peach skin.

    ReplyDelete

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...