Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Fitting adjustments

As mentioned in other posts, I have a short depth from waist to hip and so I normally raise the hip line up two inches on most patterns.  I did so with the skirt portion of the V9024 dress.  This then requires truing up the seams.
For me I usually true up the seam by adding to the pattern as I did with the skirt right front pattern pieces.  Some people may reduce this.  I think it depends on what the pattern piece is and where it will line up on the body.  As you can see I had to add to the seam, tapering to nothing near the notch on this pattern piece.  If it is too wide then I can adjust by taking a deeper seam.

Because of the shape of the front and side front bodice pattern the FBA was a combination of how I do adjustments for patterns with darts and princess seams.
Again there are seam and dart opportunities for making additional adjustments if necessary. I think I may have to take deeper dart or deeper princess seam if I have over adjusted.

Fabric is still waiting to be cut out.  I had to do that on Sunday but shoulder and neck were giving me fits so decided best to wait another day.


4 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your fitting adjustments.

    These combination of darts are great examples to help the busty folks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome. I like it when others share their fitting adjustments as I learn something new and beneficial.

      Delete
  2. What a good idea to lift the hip line - I think I will adopt this idea too, if you don't mind. Glad you have got some sewing time again. I'll also take this opportunity to wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am short from waist to hip and when I do this the new hip area fits me better. Wishing you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year also.

      Delete

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...