Monday, August 11, 2014

Recent fabric purchases

Prior to my staycation I ordered some fabrics from EOS.  I took photos using my iPhone and posted to Instagram.  I thought I would showcase them in this post. I decided to wash the two knit fabrics yesterday to prepare for sewing later.

Knit-scrapbook collage

Viscose woven
Knit-scrapbook collage

Gray subtle stripe ponte knit-bottomweight 
I really need to stay off of EOS website,  too much temptation and it is not like I don't have enough fabric already.  

I did order some black ponte knit from Mood yesterday.  The black I have currently is not a rich black color and based on description on their website the fabric I ordered yesterday will hopefully go well with this fabric that I want to use in a dress.
Black and golden brown ponte knit.
This fabric was purchased from EOS earlier this year.  I washed it yesterday as well as I did not recall washing it previously.  This with the black ponte will be used in a dress for my upcoming 45th high school class reunion.

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous fabrics! I look forward to seeing your reunion dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If the Mood ponte doesn't work - the one fabric that I do like from fabric.com is the Sophia ponte knit. I bought a load of it in black and it is a good rich black. However, has a soft hand. Don't know what your brown/black ponte is like...so you should be aware of that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carolyn, the Mood ponte was the perfect rich black color I was needing. However it is a softer knit that I don't think is going to work with the black and brown fabric. Perhaps if I used a lightweight knit interfacing and interface those specific black sections it might give it some more heft.I am considering other options..

      Delete
  3. From Creative Hormone Rush: Oh my gosh, all your fabrics look so luscious! How wonderful to have something so pleasing to be working on -- such a nice variety of color and "mood".

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the scrapbook prints - be interesting to see how these make up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah Liz, I have a few knit top patterns that I am looking at and trying to choose which ones I want to make.

      Delete

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...