Sunday, February 16, 2014

Up next= New Look 6230

I have wanted to make this pattern for a month or more now.  I cut out the pattern pieces this morning and pin fitted it for necessary adjustments.  I have a knit fabric I acquired from Mood Fabrics last year.
It is a grey metallic viscose knit with one side shiny and the other matte.  I plan to use both sides for this top.  I have focused on knit tops lately as I really need to replace some tops I that have been in my closet for some time now and are getting worn out or I am tired of wearing them. 

After I complete this top, I plan to shift my attention to this Vogue pattern, a close fitting, lined dress.  I have read reviews by a few others and I think I can eliminate the lining, though I do have some stretch linings in my stash.  I think some others eliminated the zipper as well.  This dress will become my March garment of the month.


1 comment:

  1. I hadn't noticed the Vogue dress pattern before--looking forward to seeing this one come together.

    ReplyDelete

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...