Sunday, September 01, 2013

B5917

The dress is complete except for hemming.  I truly like this pattern and will come back to it to make a fall dress, perhaps using the longer sleeves but staying with the sheath style.  Here is a view of the dress hanging.
Some of the adjustments I made with this dress included forward shoulder, FBA, and sway back.  During the sewing process I made additional changes: upper back bodice adjustment-sewing this piece by adjusting from center to side seam by sewing the upper back piece at 3/4 inch with bottom back piece at 5/8.  Right shoulder was adjusted by sewing from mid shoulder to shoulder an additional 1/4 inch.  Back darts were let out and curved.

Some more photos of the dress

bathroom shot of dress front
Hem pinned




This dress is made from a vintage sheet from a give away contest from Lynn at Wonderfully Made.  The lights in my bathroom show case the fabric better than my sewing room.

The next version I will line fully instead of just the bodice.  I thought about doing that with this dress but needed to work through how the bodice lining worked per instructions and what I should do to adapt to full lining.  I will simple duplicate the dress.  Lining the skirt portion will help eliminate wrinkles with some fabrics.

13 comments:

  1. Fun "fabric". This is a great pattern and your dress is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a flattering line this dress has to it, the ruffle neckline is lovely. Must hunt this pattern out - thanks for the tip about lining the skirt as well...j

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judith. It is a nice style dress and various fabrics will give it a different look.

      Delete
  3. I love this dress - looks lovely. It hasnt arrived here (Australia) and I am thinking of ordering it from the US, postage notwithstanding. You are so productive Linda.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you will like this dress pattern. I don't feel so productive at times; I seem to take longer and longer to complete a garment.

      Delete
  4. Another cute dress from this popular pattern, and one that I need to add to my collection :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a nice pattern and I have seen several reviews of it made from a variety of fabrics.

      Delete
  5. This is really pretty. Ilove that print!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you used the vintage sheet to make a wonderful modern dress! Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carolyn! I have a lovely fabric picked out for my fall version and now that the pattern is tweaked, should be a quicker sew.

      Delete
  7. I love vintage sheets! The dress flatters your figure nicely! Love the ruffle front.

    ReplyDelete

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...