Work in progress for May 2013

I made a lot of progress on my new dress project, V8027.  I cut it all cut out.  Interestingly there are no interfaced pieces, basically cut and sew.  I did have one hiccup.  Because I cut the front facing with draping collar reversed, I had to reverse all the front pieces.  I am so happy that I caught that when I did or I would have ruined good fabric.

I ran into an issue with the collar area and had to go back and redo that area.  I ran out of time at that point as DH and I had dinner plans for Mother's Day.

Here are two photos of the work in progress.  The lighting/flash on camera washes out the pretty color of this fabric.


More later.








Comments

  1. that collar is so pretty! This is gonna be a lovely lovely dress. Looking forward to see it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dress is going to be gorgeous when it's done. Lovely fabric.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It has been in stash for a while and has finally made its way to the top.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful fabric! The dress will be great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh boy! I have this pattern, can't wait to see your dress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you will like the pattern. It is not real difficult but lots of parts.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Labels

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

Pamela's Patterns Bias Skirt!

Simplicity 1366

New Iron

Sewcialists

Sewcialists