Sunday, August 07, 2011

Weekend sewing updte

Yesterday evening I began making my second Butterick 5638 dress.  Having sewn this pattern before and tweaking the pattern based on previous dress experience, I seem to be moving right along.  All front pieces and back pieces have been sewn together and dress is attached at shoulders.  I basted the side seams and stopped there.  So fitting step is next.

I wanted to cut out Vogue 1250 (yes, I got to be of the many who have made this dress).  I had made some fitting adjustments to the pattern Saturday AM.  I cut out the fabric before stopping to make breakfast for DH and I this morning.

This afternoon I will resume sewing the Butterick dress working on the detail sewing--gathering the front ruffle piece and attaching; adding the front inset piece at center, back binding and inserting sleeves.  I decided not to make it sleeveless.  Once that is done, hemming is the only thing left to do.

I hope your sewing weekend has been productive.  More later with some photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...