Weekend sewing updte

Yesterday evening I began making my second Butterick 5638 dress.  Having sewn this pattern before and tweaking the pattern based on previous dress experience, I seem to be moving right along.  All front pieces and back pieces have been sewn together and dress is attached at shoulders.  I basted the side seams and stopped there.  So fitting step is next.

I wanted to cut out Vogue 1250 (yes, I got to be of the many who have made this dress).  I had made some fitting adjustments to the pattern Saturday AM.  I cut out the fabric before stopping to make breakfast for DH and I this morning.

This afternoon I will resume sewing the Butterick dress working on the detail sewing--gathering the front ruffle piece and attaching; adding the front inset piece at center, back binding and inserting sleeves.  I decided not to make it sleeveless.  Once that is done, hemming is the only thing left to do.

I hope your sewing weekend has been productive.  More later with some photos.

Comments

Labels

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

Sewing Interruptus!!!

Out with the Old, In with the New

Simplicity 8425

Sewcialists

Sewcialists