Second Jalie 2921

Well Jalie top number one is complete and will be given to Goodwill.  The neckline is just too low for me and attempts to adjust did not work for me.  I made additional adjustments to the pattern pieces-raising the neckline, taking a 1/4 inch horizontal tuck in upper front and back, adjusted the mark on collar to match new raised front neckline and trimmed off 3/8 inches of back width from side seams and through back armscye. I also added a little width to the sleeve just because it has potential to be too snug.

I decided to pull out another knit fabric that I just learned prior to typing this post that I had acquired this from EOS in October 2007.  It is a buttermilk knit. Obviously it has aged enough to be used.  As you can see below it is a black, yellow, white and gray fabric.

I cut out the fabric and have sewn the collar and shoulder seams; attached the collar to the neckline of the bodice and sewn the center seam.  I can tell just from a quick try on that this will be a better fitting top for me.  More later.





Comments

  1. This should make a great top! Glad you've got the fit issues worked out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry your other one didn't work. This one will be a fun top with that fabric!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Labels

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

Sewing Interruptus!!!

Out with the Old, In with the New

Simplicity 8425

Sewcialists

Sewcialists