Monday, February 14, 2011

Pattern fitted (almost) and ready to cut out

Gosh, yesterday was a beautiful day.  Much warmer, sunshine and a feeling of spring.  I ended up spending some quality time with DH outside in our yard.  I am so ready for spring and getting excited about spring sewing.

I was able to finish the pattern fitting yesterday and made all the adjustments except FBA which I will have to do later this week.  The pattern calls for a separating zipper and then several smaller zippers for the pockets and sleeves.  Unfortunately our local JoAnn's is getting ready to move to a new location in April; so the current store is bare of most merchandise including zippers.  I have no other source close to home.

I went online and found several sources for separating zippers with some sites having very limited colors and sizes.  I went to Erica's Sewing and Craft site and found a greater selection of zippers, both separating and regular, and ordered several in various colors.  With my having to travel for business this week not having them in my hand at this time will be okay since I will not get to do much in the way of sewing the early part of this week.

Update to follow.  Enjoy the week.

2 comments:

  1. You are a busy bee~ I can't wait 'til I'm free to do more sewing for ME~ busy with clients stuff.... Thanks for sharing the site for zippers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MI has something this morning that looks like sunshine, as I remember it! Our world has been gray and white for months, so this new look is mind-bending!

    ReplyDelete

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...