Saturday, January 01, 2011

My last 2010 Project

I completed the KS 3790 pattern this AM.  Since most of the work was done yesterday, I am making this my last sewing project for 2010.  I only had to hem it this AM and used my coverstitch machine.  It worked perfectly, first time used in months.

I have very mixed feelings about the top and for now will wear it at home.  The issue is the front neckline which even though understitched continues to flip over to the front.  I am going to try to sew a coin or washer inside a little pouch and attach to the center of the front facing to see if that helps.  This is an issue with most everyone who sewed this top and reviewed on Pattern Review.

The drape of the fabric has it drooping more at the gathered side seam.  Plus the added width from my FBA added more droop.  I ended up taking a deeper side seam on the opposite side which helped.

Here are a few shots of the completed 3790 top.

Front view

KS3790 last project 2010

Side view

3790 Side view

View of the misbehaving front neckline

Flipping front neckline

No comments:

Post a Comment

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...