Saturday, July 03, 2010

4 Day weekend-priceless

Yesterday I took a vacation day in order to have another 4 day weekend!  I needed it.  My DH injured himself on the job over a week ago and had to be out of work all last week.  He does not handle pain well and becomes a "little whiny".  Perhaps you understand where this is going; between work and home it was time for a day off.  He was actually in better spirits yesterday so the day worked out well.

I did get some sewing in on Thursday evening and last night as well.  I have almost completed the knit top and the Lutterloh pattern worked out fairly well.  There are no real sewing instructions for this pattern so I basically sewed the top pretty much like I sew all other tops with raglan sleeves and upper and lower bodices.

The length of the top is a little too long for my taste and I will shorten it about an inch.  I added an inch for the hem. So I will remove that and then take an inch width hem.  I will try to take photos later.  After hemming I will then determine whether I am going to use the facings that are drafted for the neckline or add bias binding.

I used 3/8 seam allowances throughout the top.  I made a forward shoulder adjustment, raised neckline 1/2 inch, made a FBA of one inch eliminating the resulting side dart and moved the dart to the tuck at the neckline.  I eliminated a side zipper that was shown as part of the pattern draft.  Not sure why they included that since they noted the pattern was suitable for a knit fabric; even using a woven I don't think necessary because neckline is rather low and wide which makes pulling it on easy and most appropriate.

Today DH and I are making a brief visit to see his mother and then we are visiting one of my cousins in NC for a steak cookout.  So I am glad that I got in sewing time yesterday as today will be family time.

Updates and photos later.  Enjoy the 4th of July holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...