Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Additional tip about lining

"My tip is to trim 1/4 inch from the lining neck and armscyes; this way when the pieces are stitched together turn of cloth will pull the lining to the inside and prevent it from peeking out as it will be slightly smaller than the fashion fabric." This is a comment from "The Slapdash Sewist". Thanks for mentioning this. That is something else I just started doing. It works very well. In addition I understitch as far as I can through the neck and armscyes.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this! I always get a bit annoyed when the lining peeks out from the seams, so I'll definitely have to try it.

    ReplyDelete

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...