Update and response to Simplicity pattern comments
I am making good progress on the refurbished Simplicity 2599 pattern.
I had problems with Simplicity 2594, another top pattern. The fullness is in the waist to hip area. The pattern is straight through those areas thus giving the top a boxy shape; at least on me it is. I normally cut a 14 in the upper chest area and then taper to 16 from bust to hip. With this pattern, I ended up cutting a 14 from shoulder to bottom on the second front and back pattern pieces. I still have fullness in the back and took a slightly deeper seam just below the opening area.
All I have left to do now, is hem the top and attach the ruffle edge around the neckline. I think I will leave off the tie as I think it will be too long and my fabric is silk dupioni and the tie will look somewhat thick. I still may try the rose in place of the tie.
Several commented that they have had issues with some other Simplicity patterns being too big. This is the second top I have made and my last one was too big also. I don't seem to have issues with dresses or skirts made from Simplicity, especially the Project Runway patterns. And to think I dished those patterns when they first came out!!! Now I really like them.
I wish Simplicity would print the waist and hip measurements on their top patterns. This way you can visualize the ease that has been added. More later.