Blouse in progress

I made fairly good progress on blouse pattern. I had cut the blouse at the longest length and decided that this would look like a tunic instead of a blouse, so I recut the length. I have sewn the shoulders together. I basted the side seams for first fitting. I will need to take a deeper seam at the underarm area, tapering to 5/8 at waist line and then switch to 3/8 at hip to hemline.

I sewed the blouse tie but made an error by not marking the circles and triangles well. Fortunately I had enough fabric to cut out new tie pattern pieces and carefully marked so the tie will line up correctly. There is a neck band facing that is attached to the neckline and over the basted tie neckline piece. Thank goodness my fabric is not thick, nor would you want a thick fabric to make this blouse, but when all of those pieces are attached to the neckline you are sewing through five fabric layers.

This is an OOP pattern. It has some mislabeled views with descriptions in some places so you really need to read through the instructions. The inside view of the various styles on the instruction sheet is correct. The labeling of the views on the pattern envelope are not correct. This created part of the issue I had with attaching the tie to the neckline.

I am fighting off some sort of upper respiratory thing I have going on right now, so have taken a few breaks in between sewing as I am not 100%. Thought while I am taking this break I would post something and take a look at what others are doing.


  1. It certainly sounds like you are making good progress on your blouse! I can't wait to see it finished. I hope you are able to rest a bit. Don't let that upper respiratory issue turn into something more serious!

  2. I like that blouse pattern and am looking forward to the finished garment....just take care of yourself and don't let that respiratory thingy get the best of you.

  3. Linda.- happy Christmas to you and yours and my best wishes for the new year.

    Hugs, Paco


Post a Comment


Show more

Popular posts from this blog

New patterns/new fabric

Butterick 6207

The tale of the cutting table