Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Change of plans

I wrote in this post that I was going to make a blouse/top out of the darker fabric. I have decided to use that fabric for a dress, what dress yet to be decided. I am now going to use a lovely knit fabric that I acquired about a month ago from Vogue Fabrics. It is a cream colored, flowered, knit fabric that was in their transition swatches. I tried to capture the look of it in this photo. It has good stretch and recovery, maybe about 10% stretch factor. I may need to at least line the front part as when it is stretched the flowers stretch as well leaving some skin to show. I have not really tested this thoroughly at this time. My issues is finding the right knit lining. I have some skin toned knit lining acquired from EOS and not sure that this will be the right choice. I think it truly needs to be ivory or cream as I describe it.

I have several thoughts on what pattern to use. I pulled out several that I have made previously since I have the fit down pat for these. Here are the ones I am thinking about.
Textile Studio Santa Monica Tee in 3/4 sleeves.
Simplicity 3759
TS Monaco Shell
I have also a couple of KS patterns I am thinking about that again I have perfected the fit.

It is truly good to be thinking about sewing and actually sewing again. I need some new spring clothes; so I am motivated. I am working hard to find some periods of time to sew during the week and of course on the weekend.

3 comments:

  1. I'm feeling that motivation thing right now too! I'm almost done with my anorak and I'm working on a TS jacket now. Here's hoping we don't burn out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like very pretty fabric.
    I really like Sandra Betzina's t- shirt pattern and Kwik Sew has very nice ones too. I know what you mean about trying to fit in time to sew. Sometimes it's very hard but I keep trying too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful piece of fabric! I am sure that it will be awesome when made up.

    ReplyDelete

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...