Sunday, March 30, 2008

Better view of knit fabric

I love this knit fabric. I wanted to share some better photos of the knit so you can see the detail of it. An earlier post did not do it justice.

This is an ivory or creme color knit. I love the flowers that make up the knit. My DH saw this for the first time this AM when he came into my sewing room and I was cutting out the cardigan pattern. I cut out the tank top earlier. He thought it was "very nice". I showed him the pattern I was using and it received his seal of approval.
I ordered stretch lining from EOS that should arrive early next week. I put my hand under the knit so you can get an idea of how it stretches and how skin would show through without some sort of lining.
All pattern pieces are cut out. My sewing machine and my serger is threaded for sewing. Because I am not lining it I wanted to start with it and get the project rolling. I had some other tasks to do so I could not start as planned.

4 comments:

  1. OOh, Linda, that's going to be so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is a beautiful knit. Wherever did you find it? How does it feel?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the Kwik Sew pattern. Your lace tank and cardigan are going to look very nice. Can't wait to see them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in awe with this fabric! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...