Friday, June 08, 2007

TGIF, what a week!

Well I am happy to report that my husband was moved to a private room yesterday. They have his legs in support stockings and he is allowed to walk around a little. He still has tenderness in the right leg and no swelling from the filter inserted at the top of the right leg area. They continue to give him blood thinner shots and he is also taking a pill as well. He will be on blood thinner medication from here on out. He was in much improved spirits.

I have to say that hospitals are not like what I remember from my childhood stays. I have not had any major hospital stays since I was 7. A long, long, long time ago. I remember that jello was the best part of the meal they served.

My husband was provided with a restaurant style menu and the room service phone number to order his meals for the day. You can even have a guest dinner ordered for $3.00 for the quest. So I had dinner with him last night and I admit it was a decent meal. I wanted more seasoning on my potatoes, but just having a dinner with my DH was pleasant enough.

Today he was optimistic that he will go home tomorrow. The doctors are pleased with the blood situation so it may be possible. Sometimes when you want something bad enough it does come true.

Again thank you everyone for your kind comments and for the well wishes.

2 comments:

  1. Linda - thanks for sharing this! I am so happy for both you and your DH! Hopefully by the time you read this he will be home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear it. It's good this happened the way it did and now you're aware of the problem and can take care of it.

    I'm a canna too!

    ReplyDelete

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...