Tuesday, August 29, 2006

A New Vice?

I came across some vintage pattern sites when actually searching for some fairly current patterns on Ebay. There was one pattern that caught my eye and I decided to bid on it. When bidding got to over $25, I decided I did not want the pattern that bad. So I bid on this one and won! It reminds me of a red cashmer/melton type wool jacket I have from my mother. I have worn this jacket over the years and always loved the look and feel.

I then saw a classified ad on Pattern Review for some vintage patterns. I then purchased these:
Hollywood Suit Pattern-1944
Simplicity
Vogue Jacket-1950's

I am currently searching wool coating fabric to make the McCall's jacket. I have a piece of fabric in mind for the Vogue Jacket, that is gray with black velvet design all over.

3 comments:

  1. I love all those patterns. They bring up childhood memories of 50's styling. I remember wondering when I would finally be old enough to wear such sophisicated styles. Of course by the time I was old enough it was the 60's and 70's and that is an entirely different story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I like the patterns you purchased, especially the Hollywood Suit Pattern. Maybe we'll see some of these on the blog?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your new patterns! I really like vintage patterns, but have never gotten up the nerve to sew any.

    I can't wait to see what you do with these - isn' Ebay horribly addicting?

    ReplyDelete

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...