Saturday, December 03, 2005

Where have I been and what's going on with sewing

I had a very busy week at work last week. Thursday and Friday, I was on vacation but was out of town. I was in the DC area. Went to G Street Fabrics in Rockville. Regretfully I just did not see any thing that appealed to me in the way of fabric. I truly looked but just could not find anything that I had to take out of the store.

I did buy some shoulder pads which were of great quality. Cannot find anything like them here in Roanoke. I also purchased some Aqua Mesh stablizer as well as Badge Master. Also purchased a purse pattern that was on sale at 25% off.

I have a head cold so feeling rather blah. I decided to finish the knit top from Hotpatterns today though I am only going to use it for exercise. Just does not fit well. I did retrace the pattern and made a 3/4 inch FBA and lengthened it two inches. I did scoop out the armscye area in the front some. I will see how this does.

I got my third Hotpattern today that was on back order. It is the BoHo De-luxe Woodstock Tunic. I purchase fabric for this pattern at Hancock's today. I also purchased the Twist Top by KS that it is being reviewed frequently on Pattern Review. Purchased four yards of knit fabric to make this top and to try the renovated Hot Pattern mentioned above.

While doing the retrace of the pattern, I finished embroidering one of the FSL bowl projects. Restarted the other FSL that I also plan to give for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...