Sunday, November 20, 2005

SNF Jacket Almost Complete













Jacket is about complete, just a few minor things left to do. Photos reflect all the work that was basically done last night (Saturday) and today. I used my lining fabric to make the seam and edge binding. I used tie interfacing to make the sleeve heads reflected in the first photo. The second and third photos show the seam binding for the facing and hem. Also the seam binding was used on the sleeve edge since I chose to SNF instead of bagging the lining. (Note: for the future, I prefer to bag the lining.) I did not do that with this jacket since this was a learning experience. Too much hand sewing with this method.

The fabric has stretched some and I think it is due to so much handling. The interfacing I used was not as sturdy as I think I should have used for this ravely fabric. I love the fit of this jacket and made it previously in corduroy. I think that the jacket does better in firmer fabric. With this jacket I added a collar and did not do this with the first jacket.

I used 3/4 sleeves on the first jacket and went with the longer sleeve on this one. Unfortunately the sleeves seem to run short or I adjusted more than necessary. Thus the sleeve hems are only 1/2 inch.

I also used binding to bind the neck edge as this pattern does not have a back facing. Others noted this on Pattern Review that took the class and some made their own facing. I was rather lazy and decided to bind the neck edget and then stitch to lining. This worked okay.

I will post another inkling on this jacket with final photo. I will also review on Pattern Review.

I enjoyed the on line class for the Stitch and Flip Jacket. I will use this technique in the future on certain jackets.

I need and am working on embroiderying some items for Christmas presents. While working on those things next week, I plan to cut out some other patterns for my next sewing projects. Sew many ideas and sew little time!!!

1 comment:

  1. Linda, Great photos of the inside construction of this jacket! I did a web search for "tie interfacing jacket sleeve" and your page came up. Thanks for taking the time to make the pictures.

    ReplyDelete

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...