Sunday, May 19, 2013

Not sewing this weekend

I had to travel for business the latter part of this week, so progress on the Vogue dress came to standstill.  I just got back home about two hours ago.

I did attach the yoke and yoke lining earlier this week.  I used a technique from this book "Sewing Secrets from the Fashion Industry".  I have had this book for many years.  I wanted to sew the yoke and yoke lining without doing any hand stitching and though I have done this numerous times, I just was not remembering the exact sequence.  This book spelled it out very nicely.

I took a photo of the completed yoke using my phone and need to transfer this over to computer.

I am taking a day off tomorrow to do several household chores I normally do on the weekend.  I hope I may find a few moments to spend sewing some more on this dress.

Updates later.


No comments:

Post a Comment

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...