Monday, December 31, 2012

Look Back on 2012

It's been interesting to read blogs and see what people showcased for 2012.  I did a lot of skirts and tops this past year with a few dresses thrown in.  I hope to add one more skirt to 2012; sewing plans yesterday were interrupted by stomach virus, so no sewing as planned.  Today is much better and glad to end the year, feeling well.

So here is a brief look back on 2012 for me.



This was two spring/summer projects that were the most time consuming for me to sew. The color blocked dress was Vogue 8805.  A fairly popular dress among many sewists.  I underlined the cream and pink areas as the fabric was rather sheer.  The yellow outfit and particularly the top was another popular pattern, the peplum top, Vogue 8815. The skirt is McCall's 5523.  The skirt has been a favorite of mine but only made one from it for 2012.
I made additional skirts and will showcase another favorite skirt pattern below.  Vogue patterns and I have a good relationship.  The patterns seem to fit me better and I have gotten their sizing down to what works for me and basically can make the same adjustments for each pattern. The black/white/gray skirt on the left is Vogue 8750.  I made this skirt in 2011 and decided to make it again in 2012 with this fabric which was from Fabric Mart.  The other skirt is a Vogue pattern also, very similar to a Butterick pattern I have sewn several times in the past.  This fabric was from Jo Ann's.
This is becoming my quick sew skirt pattern and plan to make another one today. This is the Magic Pencil Skirt.    It is cut and ready to go.  This is such a simple skirt to make and requires fabric with some stretch.  I think you could do woven as well just go a size larger.  I see more of this one for 2013 for me.  I also have made a couple of Pamela's Pattern top's as well.

And last but not least is 
Vogue 8669.  I made four of these, with one being a test garment.  The brown metallic will be worn this evening for New Year's.  I just love the drape of the neckline and it works so well with jackets for work.

There were a few more skirts sewn.  No photos of me wearing so thought not to post those.

Thank you all for taking time to read my blog this year.  Your comments and feedback was and is important to me.  The sewing blog sphere has created many opportunities to meet many of you, if not in person, at least through cyber connections.  Wishing each and everyone a Happy and Healthy New Year!

7 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you too... and thank you for sharing all the wonderful things you've sewn. Very inspiring :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sure did sew some lovely garments in 2012! I too love the Magic Pencil Skirt and have a red one cut out and ready to sew as my first garment for 2013 :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Patty. I am sure your red skirt will turn out well.

      Delete
  3. You have made some lovely things over the past year. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year Linda and hoping you are feeling better. Lovely garments and enjoyed reading your progress posts of your garments and looking forward to this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sheila. Look forward to seeing your garments as the year progresses.

      Delete
  5. Such a wonderful recap of 2012! Best wishes for the new year, Linda!

    ReplyDelete

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...