Sunday, September 19, 2010

Simplicity skirt is almost complete

First, thank you to all wishing me well with my wrist.  I have to say the wrist support with metal splints has been helpful.  I still have some discomfort and sometimes I know I have overdone it. 

Today I know I did a little to much.  I made such good progress on fitting the lining for this skirt, view D without the topstitching.  I just had to jump in and start on the skirt fabric.  I started last evening working on the skirt and I just kept pushing through today.  It is finished except for the hemming.

Here are some photos of skirt:

Skirt front















Side inserts
























Back view, invisible zipper and contour waistband














More info about skirt and me wearing it soon.  Next up the Sencha blouse.

2 comments:

  1. It looks great so far!! Sorry about your wrists... I hope it gets better soon so you can do more sewing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The skirt is looking good and hope your wrist is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...