Saturday, September 19, 2009

Friday night sewing

After grocery shopping and pizza with DH, I spent time in my sewing room. I made sure that the serger was set correct to serge finish the fabric for the BWOF jacket. Once I did that I pinned up the hem in the wool skirt and the lining and then pressed the hems. I stitched the lining hem using the sewing machine.

Sometimes I use the blind hem on my sewing machine but I really like my hand stitched hems better; that is the only area that I seem to have perfected my hand stitching. I just need to add a hook and eye at the waist and we are good to go.

So this AM, I am drinking my coffee, posting to my blog and reading some others before I go to Curves. I then plan to spend time sewing the jacket. I don't see any difficulties in making this.

I think after the jacket is complete I am going to spend time on tops-knit and woven.

No comments:

Post a Comment

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...