Multi projects

I did spend time on my jacket today and I also started an embroidery project that has been percolating for a number of weeks.

Here is the embroidery I did using my Janome 300E. The design was acquired from BFC-Creations. The designs were light stitches and then you add crystals using the Kandy Kane or similar wand to heat the crystals to be affixed to the cloth. This is still a work in progress.

Here are some shots of my jacket.
View of the front, all darts sewn in front and back. Band attached through front darts but not fully stitched down to jacket.
Close up view of front. I worked hard to get front pieces to line up when all is sewn and done.
Back view. Band was pinned to jacket.
I still may have some fitting adjustments to make so did not attached the band that runs from front dart all the way around to the other front dart on the opposing front piece. I had to reduce side seam allowance from 5/8 to 3/8 from waist to hip. This may be due to the fact that I lengthened the jacket and now it falls on a point on my back hip "fluff" that required a skotch more room. The front lining pieces' darts have been sewn.
This is great piece of fabric to work with. It is a cotton pique. Since I am lining the jacket, I decided not to serge finish the seams. The fabric is not raveling a lot so I find that I don't need this step in the process.

Comments

  1. I love the fabric - so whimsical

    ReplyDelete
  2. That fabric is fantastic! It is so cool. I like the detail of the back band.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute and summery! I hope you find lots of fun places to wear your jacket.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Labels

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

Loss of a sewing icon

Downsizing Pattern Stash

Pamela's Pattern Pretty Peplum

Sewcialists

Sewcialists