Monday, August 20, 2018

What's in the works?

I began working on Closet Case's Kalle Shirtdress and Top pattern. Pattern was pin fitted and based on finishes measurements and tissue fitting I decided to sew Size 12.  I did make a swayback adjustment and did not shortened the length of the dress as it appears from pattern reviews it seems to run short lengthwise.  We shall see!

Here is the fabric I am using.
It is pretty orange fabric somewhat like an orange sherbet.  It is 100% cotton and I acquired it when I visited my friend who lives in Myrtle Beach off and on during the year.  It was from a sewing and fabric store that caters more to quilting than apparel fabric. 

I like that with this pattern you have options for the collar and the front opening.  I decided to use the popover placket for my version. The instructions for the placket were well written and well illustrated, yet I still had a what the heck moment. 

I have always had issues with plackets, but this one I admit is my best one to date. The great thing about this pattern is that there is a tutorial or sew along for various phases of making this pattern. I definitely used this for the placket.  I have to admit though the wrong side of my placket does not look like the tutorial and I decided that was okay.  Next time, it will.  I will most likely be the only one to see that side anyway. 

I have decided to use just the band collar for this and not the collar stand and collar.  That's the nice thing about this pattern you can mix and match looks as you like. 

There is a front pocket if you chose to add this and I have that sewn and ready to attach to the shirt front.  Next step for me is to decide whether you make a block pleat or an inverted pleat for the back that is attached to the yoke. 

More details to follow.

3 comments:

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...