Saturday, July 07, 2018

New patterns/new fabric

As promised here are photo shots of my recent fabric purchase.  Both fabrics have been washed and ready for cutting.  The dark floral one seems a little faded after washing so not sure how well this will hold up to constant wear and wash. Also the camera has lightened the look also as the background color in real time is much darker.
The other fabric is a knit, not rayon.  I saw this fabric sewn up as the new Jalie Bobbie top and yes, I am going to copy what another blogger used to make the same top.
My first two hard copy pattern purchases for the year arrived yesterday.  Both are Jalie's.


The skirt pattern is similar to one or two other skirt patterns I have or had.  However the back seaming is different and has a yoke.  I have not yet decided what fabric I will use for this.

I am getting ready to trace the Bobbie top and may actually sew something soon.  DH and I are going to Wilmington tomorrow, so most likely will be sewing Monday.  More later.

11 comments:

  1. I love both of these patterns. Your fabric is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Robin, I purchased from a new to me vendor called Simply by Ti. This is her website.
      https://simplybyti.com/. I had not heard of this site until I read a review on Pattern Review.

      Delete
  3. Love those fabric! Looking forward to see your projects! Happy sewing Linda! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am interested the skirt pattern! It looks so lovely. I am looking forward to seeing the finished project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are such an inspiration for every one! ♥
    I have nominated you to The Mystery Blogger award, http://www.ellensewing.com/2018/07/the-mystery-blogger-award_14.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a nice surprise. Thank you for the nomination!

      Delete

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...