Sunday, June 17, 2018

Still organizing and downsizing

I have made a lot of progress over the past couple of days.  I came across a few items that I have used sporadically or never.  I decided to sell them and posted two classifieds on Pattern Review.  Here is the link for the Simplicity Rotary Cutting machine.  This machine has never been used and you can find the description on PR.  The other item is a Janome Clothsetter for embroidery placements.  The link for this is here.

I most likely will have a few books to sell also.  Thank goodness that I have several rolling storage containers to keep things in as I can tell that I will have to manuever these around when I open up the cutting table to cut out patterns and fabric.

I am still looking for the right curtains to hang in the room.  And no I will not sew some as I find that sewing to be boring. 

As many of you know Jalie has released some new patterns and I will be making a purchase; have not purchased patterns or fabric since February.  There are a few Itch to Stitch patterns that I am eyeing also and those will not take up sewing room space!  😀

More later.




4 comments:

  1. I need to pretend I’m moving and literally sort through everything in my sewing room and be brutal about what I really need. I desperately need to declutter, as I think it’s killing m creativity. I find sewing home dec, like curtains, to be boring as well and avoid sewing them also. Great to see a new post from you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Before moving, I was becoming overwhelmed with all the "stuff" I had. I think it was interfering with my sewing creativity.

      Delete
  2. I moved recently and to be honest I got a bit depressed by all the sewing stuff I have ! I managed to find a place for it but it did made me more conscious about what I have and take that in account when I want to buy more fabric or patterns. I think you will love the Nottingham top from ITS , also the new camisole is a fast make, it will not help with the fabric stash as it takes just a bit of fabric :). Totally agree about sewing curtains or other home dec, I find it really boring, I just finished a bed cover yesterday and I really had to push myself to finish it . Good luck !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been eyeing that Nottingham top and the camisole. I believe I just recently read your review on PR for both. I have several ITS patterns and hope to be sewing some in the near future. I could really use the cami as it is very hot where I moved to, but I prefer heat to cold anyday.

      Delete

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...