Saturday, June 30, 2018

Butterick 6207

This was the last item I sewed; sometime in February.  I posted a picture of it on Instagram; it was hanging on the sewing room door.  I find myself wearing this dress quite a bit since moving.  I have gotten lots of compliments on this dress when I wore it shopping and recently to the doctor's office.

The fabric was purchased from Cali Fabrics. I truly like their shop and they are quick to ship.  I have been on a fabric diet and just recently purchased two knit fabrics from Simply By Ti.  This was a new to me shop and offered a nice discount so I purchased a floral knit and paint brush look knit.  I will take shots of the fabric soon.

I decided to wear this last week for my first visit to a doctor; this was a new patient appointment.  I took some quick photos using my iPad, which do not always turn out the to be the most flattering or appealing photos.



This is a great knit; washes and dries easily and no ironing.  I have one issue with the back neck.  I have a little fold of fabric that bunches up right under the neckband when wearing.  At the time of these pictures my hair was actually down to my shoulders.  At the time I took these, the styling was in place until I walked out into the humidity.  I had not cut my hair since April with my long term hair stylist.  I got my hair cut Friday and now just below my chin where it is now off of my neck.  Just to hot for that much hair length.  However with the longer hair the fabric bunching was covered up; now it will be exposed.  

To fix it I need to scoop out some fabric right below the neckband.  I just have not wanted to rip out the topstiching and the serged edges.  I am trying to find an easier solution as I really do like wearing this dress. I am going to pull out this pattern to see if I made a high round neck adjustment.  If I did then I will eliminate that for next time and should not have that bunching issue.  If not then I will scoop out more.

The third picture was to show the side slit. I realized that my slip showed a little but was okay with me.

 Since moving I basically wear shorts, cropped pants or boyfriend jeans (the weather is too hot for longer jeans).  I have always liked wearing dresses so it was fun to wear this one for a change.

More later.


6 comments:

  1. It is a very pretty dress! I like Cali fabrics too; I'd probably order more from them if they had half yard increments but still; they have a great selection and great pricing.

    You'll be back sewing in no time!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought about you earlier this week. I have an issue with my right hand or my middle and ring finger. I have over used my hand with lifting and such creating tendinitis. I thought about your not being able to sew much because of your hand issue. Thankfully after going to the doctor I am down for a week (hopefully) I got a cortisone shot which has helped but had planned to actually cut out a pattern. Doctor suggested holding off for a week. At least my room is basically ready for sewing action.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the shout out for Simply By Ti! I can't wait to see what you make with our fabric. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully will be making something soon. Both fabrics have been prepped for cutting and sewing!

      Delete

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...