Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Beach time

Part of the reason for locating to NC was to live close to area beaches, not right on the beach, nor one or two blocks over.  My beach drive is 30 to 45 minutes away, but that is close enough and affordable.

My DH and I have good friends from high school that still live in our hometown of Danville, VA.  They had plans to go to Myrtle Beach which is two hours away from where we live.  So we took time from unpacking and setting up house to go visit our friends for two days.  It was a lovely break from our current routine.  The weather was perfect as the week before we had a monsoon for several days in a row.

My DH and I are(were) DINKS-double income, no kids.  We love other people's children and got to spend 2 1/2 days with a houseful of young kids and teenagers.  Goodness, they have a lot of energy. There were other adult family members included in the household.  It was an eight bedroom, 7 bathroom house with a view of the beach and porches on all levels-4.  NO ELEVATOR.  I definitely got my steps and floor counts in on my fitbit.

I spent some beach time with my friend and her husband.  My DH showed up for a little beach time, he is not crazy about the beach.  He then took two of the grandkids back to the beach house and watched them swim.

It was fun sitting around and talking as well as eating.  We all had backstories about going to Myrtle Beach every summer when we were in high school.  Interestingly, my girlfriend and I were close in high school and my DH and his friend were close in high school, but we did not date our spouses back then.  Funny how life goes some time.

Today I finally unpacked one of the last boxes of hanging clothes and low and behold, much of my missing sewing tools were packed securely in the bottom.  Yeah!  I have made even more progress on the sewing room and actually think that by this weekend I may be ready to pull out a pattern and fabric and begin a sewing project. Unless, I rearrange something else again.

Here is a link to the beach house.  It really looked like this video.

More later......

4 comments:

  1. Sounds so nice! I live the beach, my DH not so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live about a 10 minute walk from the beach, but the Sea here is always very cold, so not much swimming. But I love walking the dog there. We have long, quiet beautiful beaches here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love walking on the beach. When on previous beach vacations, I would get up early and go walk on the beach watching the sun come up and seeing others walking as well.

      Delete

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...