Friday, March 16, 2018

I gave up!

As I mentioned in my last post, I had a difficult time with the McCall 7100 bomber jacket previously and dang if I just cannot get a break with this pattern now.  I am exasperated with myself over the issues I have with this pattern as I have been sewing for many, many, many years and feel like this should not be such an issue.

I ripped another hole in the fabric and I just don't need to waste more time on this.  So it is a wadder laying in my trash can. One less piece of fabric to pack and move with me.  It is not a fabric that makes me cringe because I am not going to finish this project; the quality is not the best that I have purchased before.

I have another raglan sleeve bomber jacket to try, actually I now have two I can try.  I just have not been in a sewing mode with upcoming move.  Yesterday I had cataract surgery on my right eye.  Wow, what a difference that has made.  I am glad I had it done and impressed with how well this surgery went.  I had a follow up appointment with the doctor today and I am able to read the smallest print they had on the screen; that has not been possible in a long time.  Still some healing to take place, but doing well.

Not sure what I may work on next, if anything until after the move. I will write a post on embroidering soon as I am seeing such an interest in this more and more on other blogs.


10 comments:

  1. I had cataract surgery last year on both eyes. Best thing I did. Without it I could not sew and had to give up driving for a while. Love your blog, by the way. I look forward to your posts. Good luck with the move!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sewing Geek. I am glad I had the surgery also. It has almost been a week. Go back for second visit to doctor this week.

      Delete
  2. Good luck with the move! I know it's difficult packing up all of your belongings and taking them to a new place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carolyn! It is becoming harder and harder to get rid of the fabric, patterns somewhat. We were at our new place to be this weekend and had to cut the visit short because of the latest N'eastern front as we did not want to be traveling as planned today because of the snow. We did get quite a bit of snow but currently melting now. Nothing like the north eastern area.

      Delete
  3. I completely understand- sometimes you know it's just not worth your time. Amazing that you can already tell a difference with the cataract surgery in just one day. Hope your move goes well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised as well with the eye sight improvement. I need reading glasses but not for much else. Moving is hard and exciting.

      Delete
  4. Life is too short to waste on bad patterns. Throw that pattern away, too. Glad to know your cataract surgery was a success.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad your surgery went well! Good luck on the move!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The dang weather is creating issues for us. Hopefully spring will come and stay soon.

      Delete

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...